- Our Products
- Bone Wax
Prominent & Leading Manufacturer from Bengaluru, we offer bone wax.
Product Price: Rs 5,002 / DozenGet Best Price
Bonewax – ORIWAX is a mixture of beeswax, paraffin, and isopropyl palmitate, a wax-softening agent. It is opaque and has a waxy odour. It’s indicated for use in the control of bleeding from bone surfaces during surgical procedures.
|Material||Beeswax, Paraffin & Isopropyl Palmitate|
|Usage/Application||Orthopaedic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Thoracic Surgery, etc.|
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
|Shelf Life||5 Years|
|Quantity Per Box||12 Sutures|
It achieves local hemostasis of bone by acting as a mechanical (tamponade) barrier. It does not act biochemically and is non-absorb-able. It is available sterile in individual foil envelopes, each containing 2.5 g and packed in an individually sealed overwrap. It is sterilized by Gamma radiation.
Packets should be opened just prior to use to minimize the possibility of contamination and excessive drying and should be used immediately. The Surgical Wax should not be re-sterilized or subjected to excessive heat. It is opaque and has a waxy odour. It’s indicated for use in the control of bleeding from bone surfaces and use in Wound Closure.
Recommendations And Precautions:
Bone wax has no intrinsic pharmacological properties. The haemostatic effect is mechanically produced by occlusion of the intraosseous blood vessels.
- Medical and hospital use only.
- Do not apply bone wax directly to the central nervous system.
- Do not use bone wax in patients with a known allergy to beeswax.
- Discard products that have been opened and not used.
- Do not use the product with the validity term expired.
- Bone wax should not be applied to infected areas since it can enhance the infection.
- Product should be open inside OT area and under sterile conditions.
- Bone wax is for single use: its reuse can trigger an infection in the patient and/or in the user and deterioration in the functionality of the product.
- Uses: Orthopaedic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Thoracic Surgery (Sternum, Ribs), Traumatology, Maxillofacial Surgery (Facial Bones), Thoracic Surgery, Dental, Oral And Maxillary-Face Surgery.
- Product Characteristics: Helps Local Haemostasis By Functioning Like A Mechanical Barrier & Is Biochemically Inert.
Get Best QuoteRequest A Callback